Thursday, April 4, 2013

Letting It Go . . .

I recently went into my Facebook message space to clear out some old messages that I received and send them to be archived (Facebook’s fancy way of almost deleting).

I came across an old message sent to me last year from an old friend. She was very angry with me for voicing my opinions on Facebook about the religion that I have left. She came across pretty harsh. I will admit that at the time, it hurt my feelings. I really sat with a lot of her accusations and wondered if what she accused me of was true.

Fast forward to the now . . . I understand that I came across her old message for a reason. How wonderful it is to see with clearer eyes when there isn't emotion involved, the energies that were swirling around the situation.

I was able to see that her accusations towards me were her very own projections about her own fears. I also saw that the way I had taken those accusations said a lot about what I was feeling about my own self worth at the time. What a shift!

Remember, just because you may stand in a garage, it doesn't make you a car . . . even if another may call you one.

I deeply appreciate her and love her even if she and I are no longer talking on this plane of existence.

Now that is definitely something to archive!!!

May your journey be full of joy,
Melanie

2 comments:

  1. Time, space and distance can do wonders for our perspectives. Sometimes in the heat of the moment I forget that what someone else is projecting doesn't necessarily have anything to do with me. Great message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Time, space and distance are HUGE in processing the gift of a challenge and hurtful experience. I am reminding myself to get into the habit of asking, "What is the real message and energy behind this exchange?" Sometimes I don't do that, but I am intending to be much better at it! Love to you sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete