Thursday, October 4, 2012

UnPolitics

I watched the US Presidential debate last night. I caught it mid-way through because to be totally honest I didn’t know it was on and I usually don’t follow politics all that closely.

Interesting thing happened to me as I was listening. I felt myself shift from my own feelings of peace, to a sort of washing machine chaos. Like I was being swished this way and that . . . pretty interesting . . .

The next thing I knew I was yelling at the T.V., shaking my fist and throwing out some pretty choice cuss words. Wow!!! Where was my inner peace? I noticed something with this debate. Not one party was making sense to me. Where were the REAL issues? We can go in circles about health care, social security, medicare and so forth, but what bothered me so much more was that no one was addressing how the American people were being robbed!!! Not one has addressed (for more than 30 seconds) how most of the American people will not be able to put whole, clean foods on their table that isn’t littered with Monsanto’s poison!!! Not one!!!

And health care??? Really. What health care? We have coverage that tells us that if we have an emergency, our yearly deductible for our family is $6000. Okay, where do I make my check payable to?? Oh yes and there is a co-pay. What happened to free health care not just for some but for all??? Hey, how about talking about that???

What about education, invasion of privacy under the Homeland Security Act, etc.? I could go on and on, but I am sure if you live in the US, you follow just fine.

How about rebuilding from the bottom up most of our economy? Oh no . . . that would be too radical and definitely for the people.

So yes, I was sounding very cynical. I was angry. . . very angry. And I just touched the surface. But here’s the thing . . .

I am buying into this story just like the rest of America. I am getting in line and shutting up because I don’t know what else to do.

I saw clearly for the very first time last night that no one of these so-called leaders had the best interested of “The People”. Maybe a small percentage, but definitely not the whole.

How about we rewrite this story? How?? What changes do we implement? I seriously am not sure.

But I do know one thing . . . I am no longer buying into the illusion. I am seeing clearly with new eyes. First thing that enabled me to feel empowered was that I took my two youngest out of the Education Machine. They are totally “unhooked”. Now what???

I am no longer listening to the “Man behind the curtain”. The future of my children is at stake here. What am I leaving them? No. This Goddess Centered Woman sees clearly and I will encourage all of my Mommy friends to empower their babies and unhook from the Education Machine. That’s one step. The rest will come I am sure of it. We need to rewrite this story. If we are all part of it, it’s time better authors come forward and start a new script!!

UnPolitics is the new wave . . .

Let’s do this!!!

In the love of ONE HUMANITY,

Melanie

2 comments:

  1. I love that you pulled your kids out of school for so many reasons! One, that you followed your gut (which might be my favorite part!), but also for the opportunity you are giving your kids. I struggle with the political scene in this country, but I have decided for myself the only thing for me to do is completely "unplug" and I did that about five years ago. Part of me feels guilty about that because being a woman born in the United Stated, I get the CHOICE to unplug. Should I be more involved? Is it possible that this country is still a place where change can happen? Who knows. For now, I stay in a place of gratitude for being afforded the choice. I stay out of the political game because I feel like it can be a contribution to just live peacefully, hear all sides, and just listen without putting to much energy into getting people to see my perspective. I'm here with you Sister! *LOVE*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your love and support! This is definitely a "road less traveled"! You are truly a gift and blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete