Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring or Summer?!

Wow! It has been a little time since my last post. Busy, busy!!!

My oldest is graduating in May. I have been dealing with the reality of that. It has been an interesting journey . . .

I thought for sure that by the time she was this old, I would be more than capable of “letting go” and feeling a sense of peace watching my beautiful daughter “fly” on her own. It has not been as peaceful as I thought I would manage. I think it’s mostly because I am still trying to “hold on” and recreate her as a little girl once more. The time went by too fast. I wasn’t prepared as much as I thought I would be by now. But here it is anyway, and I can either be as graceful as a 13 year old walking in her first set of high heels, or I can trust that my husband and I did our very best and that she is prepared as much as she can be.

The Universe is marvelous at testing our abilities to “let go”. Sometimes I do not do so good. It’s okay. I am learning. I am known at times for being a little controlling. I know that it is because I can lay awake at night worrying and my sense of controlling makes it easier for me to feel “safe”. What an illusion, I know . . . but that human conditioned side of me still believes there is some truth to that. I work at it . . . Smile

By the way . . . the weather has been really weird. Here in Oklahoma, tornado season is usually around April and May. We have been getting that sort of weather here already in March and it started as early as February. AND . . . it went from being in the mid-50’s in temperature to the 70’s!!! So what is going on? I can feel huge shifts of energy with these weather patterns. The only word I can use to describe it is “weird”.

Is it Spring? Is it already Summer? Even with the weather . . . I just gotta let go!

No comments:

Post a Comment