Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Un-Schooling . . . We love this!!!

Why didn’t we do this un-schooling sooner?!?! I have been asking myself this for the past week.

Today marks the second “official” day that we have been un-schooling at home and WE LOVE IT!!!

Last week, we did some dry runs and worked on various subjects. We did them in such a way that it was whatever we wanted to focus on for the day. We drafted up a parent/child agreement and also goals that we will reach by the end of the school year. We even created a loose schedule where my daughter will study/work on certain subjects on certain days of the week rather than a strict Monday through Friday, working on every subject . . . sort of how college will be for her.

I had a HUGE lesson to learn in all of this . . . If you let go of your fear . . . are not afraid to “fail”, you may just fall in love with the very thing that you once feared!!! I have heard about this concept before and even tried it a few times back like fear of eating frog legs . . . (yes, I tried them and they tasted like chicken!) but I didn’t LOVE them. They were okay to try once and once only in my book. But this . . . Un-schooling . . . I will even go as far as to say I wish I would have did this with ALL of my children!!!

Thank you, thank you Goddess for bringing me such strong children!!! I learn so much from them each and every day!

Blessings and oodles of hugs,

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment